INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE TRAINING
3 Day Course 10AM TO 5PM $400 + GST
Equipment required - any comfortable Low Back Armless Chair and a small pillow. Hair Oil is optional (discussed in class)
Not suited to the European Massage Chair
This unique and ancient massage is done while a client sits fully clothed in a comfortable low back chair. It is the most versatile of all massages out there. Simply said, this massage can be done anywhere you can set up a chair for your client to sit on and receive this treatment.
In the three-day intensive course, Lee-ann Harder, (tutor of this therapy for 7 years) will provide a comprehensive grounding in the theoretical basis and practical application of Indian Head Massage. Students will be able to use the technique as a principal or complementary part of their professional practice.
The course includes three days of practical instruction and a very detailed workbook. An attendance certificate will be awarded at the end of the course.
According to Lee-ann, students repeatedly tell her "Indian Head Massage has changed my life both as a receiver, and practitioner of this powerful therapy. The treatment can be done anywhere, anytime, and the benefits for both the practitioner and receiver are tremendous. It is a treatment that I never tire in giving."
For additional certification you must complete the practical homework and case studies. (This is further discussed in class)
Some of the benefits of Indian Head Massage
- General over all relaxation.
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissues.
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility.
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system.
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition.
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of "feel good" chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness.
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking.
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
Contra-Indications for Indian Head Massage
- Recent whiplash or injury to the neck or upper back,shoulder and head region
- Chronic Fatigue ( if advanced and non-resolving )
- Clients under-going medical treatments ( with Doctor's approval this can be done)
Prerequisites for Indian Head Massage Training
You will be taught some very basic Anatomy and Physiology in the course on the areas of the body you will be working on. I highly recommend the simple version of the Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Book ( found online or at Indigos ) - I also recommend that you pre study and become familiar with the Chakra system.
Indian Head Massage Training is a good starting point for learning the healing arts. It is an intense training so it is best to come well rested to take this training.
These 3 therapies are great services to offer in a Private Practice, Spas, Wellness Centers, Yoga Centers and Salons.
About the Indian Head Massage Training Experience.
"I have been a RMT for 16 years in Canada and another 9 years prior as a Massage Therapist and Physiotherapist in Europe. During these 25 years I have taken a good number of continuing education courses with a variety of instructors. I would place Lee-ann in my top 5. I love her interaction and precise correction with the placement of the hands/fingers and what it is we are supposed to feel in order to delivery this therapy well.
I would recommend this Indian Head Massage training course
to any massage therapist who wants to learn a technique that easy to use in any
setting (as long as you have access to a chair) and on everyone! (no clothes
removed)." Christine Labrot - Magic Fingers - Canmore.