INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE TRAINING 3 Day Course 9:30AM to 5:30PM $400 + GST ***
Equipment required to offer the treatment:
A comfortable low back armless chair and a small pillow. Hair oil is which is an optional part of the treatment and is further discussed in class.
Students are not required to bring chairs to class.
This treatment is not suited to the European Massage Chair.
This treatment cannot be done a massage table.
***FOR THE MEN ONLY TRAINING IN JANUARY 2019 THE COURSE FEE IS THE SAME AS THE STANDARD 3 DAY TRAINING.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE is a 4000 year old therapy that treats the person on 3 levels; the physical, mental, and subtle. The modality is a combination of the traditional Indian head massage moves originating from India along with non-traditional moves given to the face, neck, upper arms, and shoulders. An Ayurvedic element of work is done on the three higher Chakras (Visuddha, Ajna, and Sahasrara), which will assist the body's energies to rebalance. The delivery of a hair and scalp conditioning oil at the end of the treatment is completely optional. No oils are used during the treatment.
This unique and ancient massage is done while a client sits fully clothed in a comfortable low back chair. It is the most versatile of all massages out there. Simply said, this massage can be done anywhere you can set up a chair for your client to sit on and receive this treatment.
In the three-day intensive course, Lee-ann Harder, (tutor of this therapy for 11 years) will provide a comprehensive grounding in the theoretical basis and practical application of Indian Head Massage. Students will be able to use the technique as a principal or complementary part of their professional practice.
The course includes three days of practical instruction and a very detailed workbook with pictures. An attendance certificate will be awarded at the end of the course which allows students who qualify to collect continuing credits.
According to Lee-ann, students repeatedly tell her "Indian Head Massage has changed my life both as a receiver, and practitioner of this powerful therapy. The treatment can be done anywhere, anytime, and the benefits for both the practitioner and receiver are tremendous. It is a treatment that I never tire in giving."
For the optional additional certification you must complete the practical homework and case studies. (This is further discussed in class) Not a requirement for the first certificate of completion which is received in the class.
Some of the benefits of Indian Head Massage
- General over all relaxation.
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules in muscle tissues.
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility.
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system.
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition.
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of "feel good" chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness.
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking.
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
Contra-Indications for Indian Head Massage
- Recent whiplash or injury to the neck or upper back,shoulder and head region
- Chronic Fatigue ( if advanced and non-resolving )
- Clients under-going medical treatments ( with Doctor's approval this can be done)
Prerequisites for Indian Head Massage Training
You will be taught some very basic Anatomy and Physiology in the course for the areas of the body you will be working on. I highly recommend the simple version of the Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Book (found online or at Indigos) - I also recommend that you pre study and become familiar with the Chakra system.